High quality black tea with the caffeine removed, but with the depth of flavor left intact. Our customers tell us this Ceylon is the only Decaf that tastes like "real tea".
For our loose Decaf, we commissioned a German factory to remove the caffeine from full leaf Ceylon tea. It would be a nice mellow tea anyway, and this is accentuated by the Supercritical carbon dioxide decaffeination process. The carbon dioxide gas (like you exhale) is put under pressure an becomes a liquid, which washes over the dry tea and removes the caffeine. The tea is then dried. For our teabags, the caffeine is removed from broken leaf Ceylon tea. The liquid (natural ethyl acetate) flushes the dry tea and removes the caffeine. Then, in an oven, the tea is dried.
- Dry Leaves - Dark brown choppy leaves.
- Liquor - Medium brown, with deep red hues.
- Aroma - Slight and subtle aromas of honey.
- Caffeine Level - Decaffeinated
- Body -This is a light bodied tea.
- Flavors - This light honey notes are subdued by the decaffeination process, which washes out some of the flavors.
- Brewing Time - 4 to 5 minutes
- Brewing Temperature - 212 F